Long text descriptions created in AiRForms can now be configured to be read aloud by our text-to-speech feature. Your front line workers can now listen to these descriptions with their hands free as they progress through their work instructions.
What’s more, we’ve added a text sizing tool that will allow your front line workers to make the text larger, so it can easily be read from a distance, through safety glasses, or even without reading glasses.
This article will show you have to enable the Text-to-Speech and Text Zoom features.
Activate the Text-to-Speech and Text Zoom features
- Open a web browser and go to your Atheer workspace.
- Sign into your Atheer workspace.
- Go to the Atheer toolbar and click on the Settings button.
- Select the Features sub-menu.
- On the Settings-Features page, scroll down to the Atheer Lens settings group.
- Toggle on the "Enable Text to Speech" and/or the "Enable Text Zoom" features.
- Click on the SAVE button at the top, right corner of the screen.
- Click the REFRESH button that appears.
Using Text-to-Speech and Text Zoom
Now that the feature flags have been activated, the users of Atheer Lens will be able to use the Text-to-Speech and Text Zoom features.
In the description area of an AiRForm that's being executed in Atheer Lens, you will see two new buttons. Clicking on the Text Zoom button will reveal the Text Zoom tool where the user can tap on one of the three text size options. Clicking on the Text-to-Speech button will reveal the Text-to-Speech tool, where users can click the play button and have the text read aloud to them.
Please feel free to reach out to our customer success team for additional information (email@example.com).